There's so much going on that I really barely have time to keep up with recreational projects and starting a new one every time I pick up my needles isn't helping :) So I've vowed to not make any new projects for myself and just finish the ones I've started - and there are quite a few of them once I started counting. In order to visualize what's ahead of me craftwise, I'm gonna do what every obsessive compulsive organizer does: a to-do list. Here goes..in no particular order..
- my take on skull wristwarmers. (men's sized for friend, already drew out the pattern and started the first few rows)
- "sexy mama" warmers for custom order (need to draw pattern and start)
- orange crochet clutch (started, have to undo uneven handles and may have to rethink design to allow button closure of some sort, sketches to follow?)
- replace brown buttons with silver ones on my brown corduroy jacket (I already have the buttons picked out, need to remove & replace buttons)
- purple scarflette (finished knitting and sewn in edges, need to add buttons)
- make 2nd wristwarmer of a pair made on double pointed needles - first project of its kind! (need to cast on and just finish it..)
- laptop bag - the first project I mentioned in this blog but never even got past the planning stages (need to decide on ONE pattern, ONE color scheme and choose a fiber.. why is this so hard to do?)
- finish scarf made of bamboo yarn - this really is the softest, silkiest yarn I've used to date and it'd be nice to have more than a foot of a scarf to actually wear it!
That makes it 8 projects..whew.. I'm hoping that by Fall I will have gotten through at least 6 of them. Ehh.. we'll see..
I also think it's safe to say that my shop will be outdated until Fall. This summer is going to suck with summer school starting next week and not ending til early August. Not to mention summer's the busiest time at work. In order to prioritize, I will have to give up my crafty business (or whatever it is) for a little while...sigh. I figure that in the downtime I'll have in August, I may be able to start getting some new wristwarmer designs made for the Fall season. And if I do manage to make things before then, they'll be short, quick projects which I won't be posting and if it does happen, I'll be showing them off at Artists & Fleas at some point during the summer - maybe June.. most likely July.. most likely summery stuff like earrings - I'll take a stab a jewelry again :) I do plan on writing in my blog and taking plenty of pictures of whatever I do get made! It'll give me something to look back on and see my summer wasn't all that dreary.
Oh Summer of 07, how I already do not like you so!