mellowbeing - crafty, geeky and a new yorker.
Jan 31, 2010
Jan 30, 2010
Jan 29, 2010
I was pretty happy with it too. It didn't come out too shabby for something I knit without a pattern and in one go in a day. I literally just borrowed our HR guy's tie, made a quick technical sketch with dimensions and went from there. I'm thinking of making others in different colors. Who knows what the future holds?
Jan 28, 2010
And yet, by the middle of the day, it was quite sunny and not windy. Ah, what a day in this city..
Jan 19, 2010
... the Mushroom Hat!
All in all, a good project to start the year off :)
Jan 10, 2010
In any case, I will make a list for 2010 of the things I fully intend and realistically expect to complete:
- Second sweater*. Either the Rusted Root (first pattern I fell for) or the Cowl Sweater
- First hat* (in progress!). Mushroom Hat pattern from PurlSoho
- First lace project*. This will be Knitty.com's Branching Out Scarf
- 1 cable project**. Might make a smaller item to make it go by faster and have it actually finished
- Make 2 softies**. Making the crochet bumble bee was a lot of fun and I now have actual poly-stuffing so it'd be good to make a couple more. I have ideas for a gift and one to keep.
- 2 Gadget cozies for friends*
- 1 pair of Pirate wristwarmers for friend*
- 1 scarf for friend**
Ongoing projects to finish:
- Laptop bag***
- Crochet blanket***
* Would be awesome to finally have these done!
** Would be nice if I got this done this year
*** Okay, I *finally* got it over with...
This sounds like a lot.. but I'll make sure to get through them in order of priority. Here's to hoping for the best.