mellowbeing - crafty, geeky and a new yorker.
Jan 28, 2008
Anyone can join so do so if you’re a member on there.
Can't wait til February comes around :)
Jan 27, 2008
I registered myself already and have alerted several friends about the project. Basically, create something new every day. It's a nice little project that only takes up a month - not as daunting as the 365 day project. Anywho, will be posting here about it. Stay tuned!
Jan 24, 2008
I was recently named the "Very cute dudette" on the 'official' Dudeism group on Facebook.
And I've just been awarded (read: filled out a quick web form) a Certificate of Ordination as seen below:
Oh, it's a mellow day indeed :)
Jan 11, 2008
Although, I may or may not reopen the shop in the Fall.. not entirely sure where my crafty adventures will be taking me this year. I've also wanted to start making more things with felt and making funky little toys rather than just gloves. I also was thinking of making matching scarflettes for the gloves but maybe I'll start by making a set for me :) My latest temptation to go off course is to model a crochet toy after Marvin from Hitchhiker's Guide -
isn't he adorable?! I can only imagine him being fuzzy and miniature standing on my desk. Well thats what's going on in my little nook in the world. Hope you guys have a fantastic weekend :)
Jan 7, 2008
Projects I want to finish (finally!) in 2008 which I started in '07..
- Green/pink wristwarmers: add buttons
- Fuschia/light pink wristwarmers: finish second and sew in ends
- Crochet orange clutch: need to add lining and clean border with other color
- Laptop bag: modeled after yarnstorm's jelly bean cushions (50% done with solid color, need to start adding the other colors)
- Crochet "grannie" blanket: goal is to use up all the free Lion Brand yarn I scored while at Maker Faire in October 2007
- Begin and finish my very first clothing project. It's the first pattern I've purchased (pictured above) - Rusted Root - which is so beautiful but I'm incredibly scared since it involves a lace leaf pattern.. should take a while as well since it involves size 5 needles mostly. I bought this very pretty medium blue cotton yarn for it a few months ago.. need to get started on that!
Major goal of 2008:Oh and the major aim of this year is to knit at least 1/2 of my stash so I'll have more space in my room.. it'd be nice to have more floor space once again.
Jan 5, 2008
Happy New Year's one and all! A quick update to show ya what I've been up to lately (rather than writing a bit too much about the last month or so..)
In order: Christmas Eve, small dinner at my house where I finally used tips from Lifehacker's blog on how to fold napkins prettily, handmade Christmas gifts for friends - crochet peeling banana doll wearing the official "B.a.G." badge (spell it out), ninja plushie doll, 3 sets of jewelry for 3 lovely girls and my recently decorated room with several posters and postcards. I believe that brings us up to date?